Thursday, April 1, 2010

Simply Stylist 2010: Simply Amazing!

After all of the craziness from LA Fashion Week, the Simply Stylist event was the perfect ending to my week. Created by Caro Marketing, Simply Stylist is an invitation only pop-up PR showroom. The goal is to connect stylists, media, and celebrities to established as well as up-and-coming designers.

Walking into the event I was greeted at the door and assigned a personal assistant that would stay with me the entire event. The assistant followed me around, introducing me to each designer as well as carrying my bag so I could take pictures and have my hands free.

The venue was held on Sunset Blvd. and had an open and pleasant atmosphere. It was very calming and relaxing after such a busy week.

In the main showroom each designer had their own private booth where you could view the collection, ask questions and make any other arrangements you would need. In the center of the room were installations and seating to sit down and regroup.

The next room was set up as a beauty lounge. Bliss Spa offered up some of their services such as, Minx manicures (my new obsession), oxygen facials and massages. Harrion Salon was on hand offering haircuts and styling.

It was an amazing event and the perfect ending to my LAFW. I especially enjoyed having the private and personal time to look at each designer’s collections. I am already looking forward to the next event.

A gown from Oday Shakar. His collection is red-carpet ready.

My lovely girlfriend Laurie from Laurie B Style getting her hair did!!! She was looking hot when she left Simply Stylist!

Gorgeous suit from Oday Shakar. It was a mock-crocodile suit that was absolutely beautiful.

Fun, vintage inspired boots from Zodiac USA.

A fun, playful skirt from Plastic Island. Would look great with a black fitted turtle-neck and black tights.

New-comer Tulola showed at Simply Stylist. This was the first showing in the US. It is a beautiful line of jewelry handcrafted in Bali. Looking forward to big things that are to come for this line.

I have been a long-time fan of Walter and have a lot of it in my closet. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they just created a lower-end line called Walter by Walter, that is carried at Macy's. The above dress is from the line but you would not guess it is under $100. It looks and feels like it should be in the main Walter line.

One of my new favorite designers I found at Simply Stylist. Ashi Studio has amazing pieces that literally are fit for a queen, as they design for many Eastern royalty.

Another piece from the Ashi Studio collection, it's made out of mainly burlap. Yes that's right, the common potato sack. Talk about a work of art!

One of my new BFFs. The ever lovely Kelsi Smith from Dedicated Follower of Fashion getting her Minx manicure from Bliss Spa. We had so much fun at this event and many others durning LAFW.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails